From: philip mikal <philipm at nafohq dot hp dot com>
Subject: help with inserting text
Date: Feb 18 1998 2:44AM

Hello:

I am a bit confused on how one inserts text into Sybase using DBlib. I have
data that I am trying to load into my database that looks like:

µ-ziq|24|129|http://www.caroline.com/astralwerks/muziq/|"America's premiere
 electronic label, Astralwerks Records, presents the µ-ziq"|astralwerks@car
oline.com|Astralwerks

I am taking this data from a text file, spliting it apart (pipe delimited, "|")
into variables and attempting to insert it into my database.  All my columns
are text datatypes except for two, integers, which in the above example, would
be "24" and "129".

I believe I am to use dbwritetext, but I do not understand it properly. The
examples in the man pages are confusing to me, e.g., how does one determine
the column number.

If anyone could explain how to accomplish this, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Philip
philipm@nafohq.hp.com