From: Lal Bandaru <Lal dot Bandaru at Ebay dot Sun dot COM>
Subject: setting SYBASE env variable?
Date: Feb 16 1998 7:52PM

Hi,

I am trying to use SybPerl to access Sybase database thru a cgi program.

Its complaining that the SYBASE env variable is not set properly.
My question is: Is the variable set during the installation of sybperl
or is there
any method to set "SYBASE" env variable in a cgi-bin program.

The following is the error mesg I am getting when the form is submitted.

-------- error mesg ---------
The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!! One or more following
problems may caused the failure Your sybase home directory is
/home1/sybase. Check the
environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want! Cannot access
file
/home1/sybase/locales/locales.dat Sybase::CTlib initialize:
cs_ctx_alloc() failed at
/home/export/Perl5.003/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 153. BEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at
/cmh/WWW/Netscape/ns-serv,v1.1/httpd-80/cgi-bin/nafo_bulletin/scripts/b2
line 15.
-------- end of error mesg --------

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,