From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Memory leak in Sybperl 2.0.9 on NT?
Date: Feb 12 1998 3:32PM

Jamie Thingelstad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed Sybperl 2.0.9 along with the precompiled Perl 5.00402
> install. I compiled Sybperl 2.0.9 with Visual C++ 5.0.
>
> Everything works fine, however I have a program that creates and
> destroys thousands of database handles. When doing this the memory
> allocation climbs and eventually the perl.exe process freezes up.
>
> Anyone else able to reproduce this?

I am aware of the problem - in testing here after 11000 connections
the process space has increased by about 3meg ().

However I have not been able to find out *where* the leak occurs.

But I'll try to find some time to find out more.

Does anyone on the list have purify (or a similar product) that
they could use on sybperl?