From: Guillaume Mallet <gmallet at wanadoo dot com>
Subject: Turning on DateTime use in sybperl 2.09
Date: Feb 12 1998 11:42AM

Hello all,

I'm new to using add-on packages and so forth, so please forgive me if my
question seems obvious to a lot of you.

In Michael Peppler's documentation for sybperl-2.09, it says that special
handling of DateTime values "is turned off by default for performance
reasons. You can turn it on per datatype and dbh, or via the module
attribute hash (%Sybase::DBlib::Att and %Sybase::CTlib::Att)".

My question is quite simple : how do i do this ? I went for a snoop into
%Sybase::DBlib::Att, and did see a key named 'UseDateTime', with an
associated value of 0. I assume this has to be set to 1, but i'm not sure
how / when. Could someone plase shed some light ? Ta muchly,

Guillaume

(gmallet@wanadoo.com)