From: "Todd E dot Scheresky" <tscheresky at micron dot com>
Subject: Re: VC++ libs not found but exists
Date: Feb 2 1998 5:16PM

In case anybody is interested I solved my own problem by doing the
following:

I reinstalled Perl 5.004_02 for Windows NT.  Instead of using "C:\Program
Files\DevStudio\Vc" as the path for my Microsoft Visual C++ compiler I
used "C:\Progra~1\DevStudio\Vc".

When I executed "perl makefile.pl" for Sybperl 2.09 I got:

Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl
Writing Makefile for Sybase

nmake completed successfully.

nmake test failed during the BCP tests, so I took Michael's suggestion and
I ran the tests manually.  All tests except BCP and CTlib completed 100%
successfully.  Here is the output from the tests that didn't complete with
100% success.  Michael, CTlib appears to be successful.  What is that
extra output that was sent to the screen?

C:\Archives\Perl\sybperl-2.09\BCP>c:\perl\bin\perl -Mblib -Ic:\perl\lib
t\bcp.t
Using C:/Archives/Perl/sybperl-2.09/BCP/../blib
1..9
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
Sybase error: Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value into Server column 1,
which does not accept NULL values.

Sybase error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source
field.

Sybase error: Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value into Server column 1,
which does not accept NULL values.

Sybase error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source
field.

Sybase error: Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value into Server column 1,
which does not accept NULL values.

Sybase error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source
field.

Sybase error: Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value into Server column 1,
which does not accept NULL values.

Sybase error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source
field.

not ok 5
not ok 6
not ok 7
not ok 8 (
not ok 9 (

C:\Archives\Perl\sybperl-2.09\CTlib>c:\perl\bin\perl -Mblib -Ic:\perl\lib
t\ctlib.t
Using C:/Archives/Perl/sybperl-2.09/CTlib/../blib
1..30
ok 1
Sybperl Version This is sybperl, version 2.09

Sybase::CTlib version 1.31 12/30/97

Copyright (c) 1995-1997 Michael Peppler
Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Sybase, Inc.

ok 2
ok 3
4047
4046
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6
-16389 16389 16389 replication_role NULL
-16388 16388 16388 navigator_role NULL
-16387 16387 16387 sybase_ts_role NULL
-16386 16386 16386 oper_role NULL
-16385 16385 16385 sso_role NULL