From: Len Buzyna <len at shocktube dot che dot uic dot edu>
Subject: Re: Compiling Sybperl and LD_LIBRARY_PATH problems
Date: Dec 28 1998 10:51PM

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Michael Peppler wrote:

> I believe you can edit the extralibs.all file (in
> blib/arch/auto/Sybase/extralibs.all) and add -R/opt/sybase/lib to what's
> already there:
>
> kiruna (1:19pm):208 > cat blib/arch/auto/Sybase/extralibs.all
> -R/opt/sybase/lib
> -L/opt/sybase/lib -lct -lcs -ltcl -lcomn -lintl -ltli -lm
> -L/opt/sybase/lib -lsybdb -ltli -lm
>

> However - is it really necessary to build sybperl statically?

Thanks! This worked great, accomplishing the desired effect. I wanted to
be able to duplicate the current setup before I devoted any thought to
configuration changes.

There is a problem I encountered during 'make test' though, which
according to my logs was there earlier but I hadn't noticed till now:

t/cursor............
Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (1) NUMBER = (163)
Message String: ct_results(): user api layer: external error: This routine
cannot be called until all fetchable results have been completely
processed.
ok

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks again!