From: "Khait, Yuri" <yurkhait at Mobility dot com>
Subject: BCP modules.
Date: Dec 22 1998 5:46PM

I'm writing SYBPERL script where I need to bcp in data into the database. I
only know the HostFile, the Table name , the  database name and the column
delimiters which is "|". I was thinking to of using BCP routines from
SYBPERL, but in this case I would need to figure out how many columns each
table has, probably use bcp_colfmt to describe every column in order to
change the defaults like delimiters and so on.
My question is - would it better just to build  bcp string like
$bcp_str="bcp database..table in hostfile -c -t........" and then just
execute system command like system($bcp_str);  ???

Thanks,
Yuri.