From: jrisley at nex-web4 dot corp dot fedex dot com (Jason Risley)
Subject: Insert message...
Date: Dec 17 1998 8:39PM

Can anybody explain to me why I'm getting the error message (below)? I have
11 columns I wish to insert data in and there are 11 values yet I still get
the error message.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!
Jason

******************
ERROR MESSAGE
******************

Server message:
Message number: 109, Severity 15, State 1, Line 1
Message String: There are more columns in the INSERT statement than values
speci
fied in the VALUES clause.  The number of values in the VALUES clause must
match
 the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.

******************
CODE:
******************

      open (DATABASE, "$ftp_path\\$file_repo");
	$dbh=Sybase::CTlib->ct_connect($uid, $pwd, $srv);
      $repo_cnt = 0;
      while ()
        {
	      $repo_cnt++;
        	($repo_key, $quantitiy, $item_number, $item_description, $api_id,
$date_ship, $order_number, $order_status_date, $serial_number, $entry_id,
$repair_location, $order_status) = split (/\|/,$_);
		$dbh->ct_execute("insert inbound_parts ( quantity, item_number,
item_description, api_id, order_number, order_date, serial_number, entry_id,
repair_location, order_status, last_updated ) VALUES ( $quantity,
'$item_number', '$item_description', '$api_id', '$order_number',
'$order_status_date', '$serial_number', '$entry_id', '$repair_location',
'$order_status', getdate() )");
		while ( $dbh->ct_results($result) == CS_SUCCEED) {
			if ( $dbh->ct_fetchable($result) ) {
				while (@dat = $dbh->ct_fetch) {
				} # End of ct_fetchable
			}
			else {
			}
		} # End of ct_results
       } # End of while ()
      close (DATABASE);

******************
TABLE INFO:
******************

Column_name        Type      Length      Prec        Scale       Nulls
Default_name                   Rule_name                      Identity
-----------        ----      ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
 ------------                   ---------                      -----------
id                 numeric   4           5           0           0 NULL
NULL                                     1
quantity           int       4        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
item_number        char      6        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
item_description   varchar  25        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
api_id             char      5        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
order_number       char     15        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
order_date         varchar  10        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
serial_number      char     10        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
entry_id           char     10        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
repair_location    char     15        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
order_status       char      1        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0
last_updated       datetime  8        NULL        NULL           0 NULL
NULL                                     0