From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: RE:
Date: Dec 15 1998 2:32PM

>>>>> "Krishna" == Krishna Kumar  writes:

Krishna> thanks michael just let me know, if this is all that needs to
Krishna> be done.  unpack the package,edit config,perl
Krishna> Makefile.PL,make , edit PWD , make test,make install

Yes. (Assuming no errors).

Krishna> now i wish to know is, to get dblib/ctlib up is something
Krishna> need to be done..  becos my installation says all tests
Krishna> succesful..but when i try to use the script that u sent over
Krishna> on the mail to get a list of users on the machine..and throw
Krishna> it on the browser i have an apache server here..and i tried
Krishna> doing it...it gives me some errors such as server encountered
Krishna> an internal error or misconfiguration unable to service
Krishna> request..

My guess is that the SYBASE env . variable is not set for scripts
running as CGIs.

Either set it in the scripts:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

BEGIN {
$ENV{SYBASE} = '/where/sybase/is/installed';
}

use Sybase::CTlib;

etc...

Or set it directly for the Apache server, by putting this in Apache's
httpd.conf:

SetEnv SYBASE /where/sybase/is/installed

(obviously changing /where/sybase/is/installed to the actual path to
the Sybase installation!)