Up Prev Next
From: John R Sharp <jsharp at ti dot com>
Subject: Re:DynaLoader problem
Date: Dec 4 1998 12:04AM
Michael, thanks for the fast reply.
> This is *usually* a sign that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set and has
> /usr/lib or /lib *before* $SYBASE/lib.
Yes, but not in my case. For some reason I could not get this
working without having LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my environment. However,
after looking at what the @dl_library_path does in DynaLoader.pm
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I changed that and got it working.
Its almost as if it forgets where it got the libs from after its
installed. I had the same problem with it not finding the
DBD::Oracle libs so its probably not something directly related
to DBD::Sybase. Although I have built SybPerl many times without
Anyway, I can run with my altered DynaLoader.pm for now, I'll
post a follow up if I find out what the real cause was.
BTW, I also have SybPerl, DBD::Oracle and Tk in my Perl
build, and it all works now !
Texas Instruments Inc Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Product Development
PO BOX 660199 Voice:+1 972 480 4253 (CST) Office:FORE/A-1043
Dallas, TX 75266-0199 FAX :+1 972 480 4146 MS:8645 MSG:JARS