From: Bill Middleton <wjm at metronet dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase and return values from SP's
Date: Nov 16 1998 12:08PM

Hi,

  I'm trying to figure out how to get the output value from
a stored procedure using DBI, or DBlib,  or at least, without having
to physically install the parameter using CTlib.  I have a
SP which declares two variables, one input and one output.
I can exec the thing with DBD::Sybase using:

my $sql = "exec test_results \"$input\",\"\"";
$sth = $d->prepare($sql);
$sth->execute;

And get the STATUS_RESULT just fine, but the second
parameter (Which is the RETURN value) is not anywhere
in the result set (as returned by fetch(), unless I
use ct_param() to install both of the parameters
(INPUTVALUE and RETURN), then ct_send, and then loop through ct_results.

Is there any way to get return values (besides STATUS) without
physically installing the parameters?

Thanks,

Bill