From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Moving up from Sybperl 4.0 to Sybperl 5.0/web-to-sybase project; need help
Date: Nov 14 1998 12:33AM

Bahri Sofienne writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I work with perl/sybperl to access a sybase database from the web. I
 > would  like to know the difference between CTlib and Dblib and which one
 > is more performant to use to acces sybase database under unix

In terms of speed they're about the same with OC 11.x. With OC 10.x
DBlib is a touch faster.

However if speed is an issue you should absolutely consider the Apache
web server with the mod_perl module. That way your scripts run
*inside* the http server, rather than *under* it (ie you don't have to
start the perl interpreter for each request) and this makes a *lot* of
difference.

Michael