From: Anil Sodhy <asodhy at clark dot net>
Subject: Errors running 'make test'
Date: Nov 12 1998 4:35PM

Thanks to Michael Peppler's comments on sybperl
(http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/Linux-ASE-FAQ.html) I have managed to get
sybperl to run on my RedHat 5.1 Linux box.

I did, however, have to recompile perl.  The source for perl 5.005_02 was
downloaded freshly from http://www.perl.com/pace/pub/perldocs/latest.html
(I selected the latest stable release). I am not sure how that has
affected perl in general.  I don't use perl a whole lot and am very weak
in it so I may not get to stress-test perl with the changes I had to make
in order to get sybperl to work. In any case, with the limited testing I
have done, it does work well enough in order to query the co-resident
Sybase DB.

The sample code provided on
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/Sybperl/sybperl.html#Sybase_DBlib works very
well.