From: "Millar, Jay" <JMillar at OE dot com>
Subject: BCP Test Error - Sybperl on RedHat 5.1 w/ASE
Date: Oct 29 1998 5:54PM

Hi All,

Please don't shoot me if this has been rehashed many times, but we
receive the following error during our sybperl make test of the BCP
function:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -I.././blib/arch -I.././blib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00404 -I/usr/lib/perl5 -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/bcp...............Can't call method "sql" without a package or object
reference at t/bcp.t line 47.
dubious
        Test returned status 22 (wstat 5632, 0x1600)
DIED. FAILED tests 2-9
        Failed 8/9 tests, 11.11% okay

We have a PPro RedHat 5.1 system, a 2.0.34 kernel, with the ASE release
for RedHat Linux installed...compiling dynamic  We've read some of the
existing posts, and a couple people have had the same problem earlier in
the month.  The suggested solution was to configure the Open
Client/Server products using sybinit.  We did this, but it made no
difference.  Another issue was the -ldb flag in the perl compile.  We
recompiled perl to remove this dependency, and an output from 'perl
-V:libs' now looks like this:

libs='-lnsl -lndbm -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lposix -lcrypt';

In any case, neither suggestion worked.  Is there any known solution to
this issue?  Is it the kernel version or the libsybtcl.a library
version?

Any help on this is *greatly* appreciated!

Jay T. Millar
Business Systems Analyst
O/E Systems, Inc.
Troy, MI  USA