From: a <187 at leopard dot com>
Subject: another question
Date: Oct 28 1998 11:44PM

Hi,
I am writing a script that inserts a couple thousand words into a test
table that only as one column. Anyways the words are in the matches array
(below) and it appears that the sybase server is choking cause it returns
this error: (code script below)

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (1) NUMBER = (16)
Message String: ct_command(): user api layer: external error: This routine
cannot be called while results are pending for a command that has been sent
to the server.

How can I prevent this? Is perl sending it too fast? Does the data need to
be commited before the next insert?

foreach $match(@matches)
        {
        $dbh->ct_execute("insert into testTable values('$match','$match')");
		{