From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: datetime fields
Date: Oct 26 1998 4:16PM

Scott D Urban writes:
 > We use the datetime data type for our id fields (don't ask). I have just
 > begun using the CTLib module and datetime fields in my result sets (using
 > ct_sql) seem to be getting truncated to the minute.  Is there an attribute
 > I can set that will allow ct_sql to return the full field?  I am new to
 > perl, so an example of code would be appreciated.

This issue has just been discussed.

CTlib provides cs_dt_info() which will let you set a default date
conversion format. Unfortunately cs_dt_info() is buggy and does not
work in any version of sybperl that is offically out. I have a fixed
version here which I hope to release as 2.09_06 soon.

In the meantime, you can add a convert(varchar, datefield, 109) to get
the full date (with seconds and milliseconds).

Another alternative is to set UseDateTime to CS_TRUE, and retrieve the
dates in native datetime format.