From: Jonathan Fine <jfine at borders dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase connect question
Date: Oct 21 1998 4:10PM

I'm trying to use DBI and DBD::Sybase to connect to a Sybase database, but
I'm having no luck connecting to anything besides to default database.  My
connection code uses the format:

    my ($dbh) = DBI -> connect ($dbserver, $user, $auth, "Sybase");

I've read numerous DBI documentation and tutorials that claim I can
substitute the server parameter with a database name.  I've tried:

    my ($dbh) = DBI -> connect ($db, $user, $auth, "Sybase");

But when I try that, my Perl script just dies at that line.

Again, I've had no problems connecting to the default database.  My problem
is when I try to connect to another database on the server.  Am I missing
something really obvious here?

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong, thanks!

Jonathan
jfine@borders.com