From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Sybperl Datetime and Open Client Version
Date: Oct 19 1998 11:25PM

John A. Lewis wrote:

> I have quite a few Sybperl scripts that work with datetime columns.
> These scripts all break if I use any version of Open Client newer than
> 10.0.4 EBF 6847.  The reason is that the precision on the string version
> of the datetime has changed.  In the older versions of Open Client, I
> get values like 'Oct 19 1998  3:54:03:446PM', which I can then use in
> the where clause of a SQL statement and get an exact match since the
> milliseconds are included.  In the newer versions of Open Client, I only
> get 'Oct 19 1998  3:54PM', which no longer has enough precision for an
> exact match.  Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

One way is to include a full convert() call in the SQL, something like
convert(varchar, date, 109) (not sure if 109 is the right format,
though).

Another way is to set $dbh->{UseDateTime} on and retrieve the date in
native format - which will let you have the full precision.

A third possibility would be to play with the locale files, although I
haven't
tried this at all.

Michael