From: "John A dot Lewis" <John_Lewis-SC2065 at email dot mot dot com>
Subject: Sybperl Datetime and Open Client Version
Date: Oct 19 1998 11:02PM

I have quite a few Sybperl scripts that work with datetime columns.
These scripts all break if I use any version of Open Client newer than
10.0.4 EBF 6847.  The reason is that the precision on the string version
of the datetime has changed.  In the older versions of Open Client, I
get values like 'Oct 19 1998  3:54:03:446PM', which I can then use in
the where clause of a SQL statement and get an exact match since the
milliseconds are included.  In the newer versions of Open Client, I only
get 'Oct 19 1998  3:54PM', which no longer has enough precision for an
exact match.  Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

John A. Lewis
Motorola Satellite Communications
mailto:sc2065@email.mot.com