From: Mike Reilley <mreilley at clc dot cc dot il dot us>
Subject: Re: ct_sql error ??
Date: Oct 8 1998 3:16PM

My apologies to the list, as Craig pointed out this was nothing more than a
typo.
it in fact should have been $X->  not  X->

Thanks for the help and I will try to learn how to type.

At 02:23 AM 10/7/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Mike,
>
>    Assuming it's not a typo in your message, then the line:
>
>        @back  = X-> ct_sql("use HEPROD");
>should be
>
>        @back  = $X-> ct_sql("use HEPROD");
>That is, you're missing the dollar sign.
>
>    You should also test to make sure your database connection is valid.
>Something like:
>
>    if( $X )
>    {
>        @back  = $X-> ct_sql("use HEPROD");
>    }
>
>To really pick nits, you might as well drop the "@back =" portion as well.
>No rows will ever be returned from the "use HEPROD" statement.  If there are
>errors, the error handlers will be invoked.
>
>    --Craig

Mike Reilley
DBA
Data Center
College of Lake County
19351 West Washington St.
GraysLake, IL 60030-1198
Voice     708-499-2878
Voice     847-543-2858
Voice     847-223-6601 Ext 2858
FAX       847-543-3858
Internet  mreilley@clc.cc.il.us
WEB      www.clc.cc.il.us
        It's not a BUG, it's a DESIGN FEATURE !

        Berst's Bywords: It's not hard to meet expenses. They're everywhere.