From: "Peter Collard" <collardp at rabo-bank dot com>
Subject: RE: IDENTITY Columns
Date: Oct 7 1998 7:11AM

You've obviously got a very large identity col - numeric(22) at a guess. As a result you are 'burning' a
lot of values when you shutdown the server with nowait - or just crash it.

Theres not much point in having identity cols > numeric(10) as the algorithm for 'burning' cant handle anything larger
without loosing a lot of values. You should configure 'identity burning set factor' to 1, but even that wont make much impact
due to the size of your column.

Peter Collard
Sybase Database Administrator
0171-410-3863
"The views expressed in this correspondence are mine and not necessarily those of Rabobank International"