From: Brad Dietrich <dietrich at www dot bd-cons dot com>
Subject: IDENTITY Columns
Date: Oct 5 1998 4:14PM

I have a numeric data column with an IDENTITY constraint.  After several
days, I noticed that the identity numbers the
database was producing were huge (e.g. 100000000000016).  For some
reason sybase decided to jump from 6432 to
100000000000001 for the identity numbers.  The real problem arose when
ctlib in perl returned scientific notation for the
identity number causing me to lose the last digit and thus nolonger
having a unique number.  How do you stop sybase from
producing these huge numbers, or make ctlib return an integer
representation of this number?

Thanks in advance.

-Brad