From: Tom Poindexter <poindexter dot tom at tci dot com>
Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux - RedHat 5.0
Date: Jan 29 1998 9:42PM

On Thu, Jan 29, 1998 at 03:50:32PM -0500, Jeffrey Yu wrote:
> Indeed, I think it is related to the glibc problem.  It is the glibc causes
> the Motif fail in RH5.0 too.  What I am concerned is if this is the end
> of the Sybase Ct-lib port to Linux.  ..... If glibc is going to be more
> popular or becomes the standard, and if Sybase will not release
> a new ctlib port compatible with glibc. ....  a lot of people might have
> to roll back. ....

I haven't tried Rh 5.0 yet (or any other glibc variant), so I'm speculating
at the moment.

Isn't it possible to link as "-Bstatic" or some such ld flag to link the
library statically,  explicitly referencing the old libc?

Sybtcl users will also need to know.

Also, I agree that we should take every opportunity to rag to
Sybase for another Linux client release.

--
Tom Poindexter