From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Sybperl 2.07 on NT Problem
Date: Jan 28 1998 11:16PM

Hugh Caley wrote:

> Attempting to run sybperl on NT, using the perl/sybperl binary
> downloaded from Michael Peppler's site.  I'm attempting to run a
> modified version of the ct_sql.pl file from the eg directory in the
> source distribution.

The perl binary is a 2.03 binary, if I'm not mistaken.

> I get this error from the command line:
> Can't locate auto/Sybase/CTlib/ct_sql.al in @INC at ct-sql.pl line 10
>
> My path is:
> PATH=.;C:\perl5\bin;
> C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\Sybase\DLL;C:\Sybase\BIN;c:\shiva
>
> I can find no file called ct_sql.al on my machine.
>
> Is something missing here?  Does 2.07 not support the ct_sql function?

Edit the CTlib.pm file in the binary distribution, and move the
__END__ marker to the very end of the file, this should make
ct_sql() visible.

If not, then take ct_sql() from CTlib.pm in the 2.08 release (not the
2.09 because it uses an incompatible syntax...).