From: Hugh Caley <hughc at lombard dot babcockbrown dot com>
Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
Date: Jan 28 1998 9:53PM

I'm also getting a core dump when trying to use the sybperl from the 2.07 rpm
from the RedHat contrib.
This is with a complete removal and reinstall of perl, then an install of
2.07.

GDB output:

[root@hughnec SYBPERL]# gdb sybperl
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-redhat-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...

(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run ct_sql.pl
Starting program: /usr/bin/sybperl ct_sql.pl
(no debugging symbols found)...
0x400975d7 in strncmp ()

(gdb) bt
#0  0x400975d7 in strncmp ()
#1  0x8097a48 in Perl_do_sprintf ()
#2  0x40109f34 in _dl_start () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/init-first.c:77
#3  0x40109fb1 in _init () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/init-first.c:82
#4  0x40002135 in _dl_debug_state ()
#5  0x2 in ?? ()

Hugh

--