From: Kris Briscoe <brisco_k at adm-srv dot sat dot mot dot com>
Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
Date: Jan 28 1998 9:37PM

Put the following in the top of your script before the CTLib call.

use lib '/usr/local/perl5.004_4/ext/sybperl-2.09/Sybperl'

luck,
Kris

owner-sybperl-l@trln.lib.unc.edu )
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:50:32 +0000
> From: Hugh Caley
> To: SYBPERL-L@trln.lib.unc.edu
> Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
>
> I installed the 2.07 rpm, but whenever I run my script which calls
> Sybase::CTlib I get the following output:
>
> [root@hughnec SYBPERL]# ./ct_sql.pl
> Can't find loadable object for module Sybase::CTlib in @INC
> (/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00401 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
> ./ct_sql.pl line 7
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ct_sql.pl line 7.
>
> Forgive my ignorance.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Doesn't sybperl have to be statically linked to the perl binary?  It doesn't
> install a new perl...
>
> Hugh
>
> Vaclav Ovsik wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Hugh Caley wrote:
> >
> > > I am attempted to build and run Sybperl on RedHat Linux 5.0 i386.
> > > I have the CTlib libraries from Mr. Peppler's page, an interfaces file
> > > from my local Sybase server.  The sybase directory is at /usr/sybase,
> > > and I have the env varibles $SYBASE=/usr/sybase and $DSQUERY=SFO (SFO is
> > RH 5.0 has new glibc. Ctlib was compiled on system with libc 5.
> > If you compile anything with sybase libs against glibc, it dumps core.
> > You must compile sybperl on older system (RH 4.2) with libc 5.
> > May be if you install libc-5.3.12-25 on your RH 5.0 (in distrib.),
> > binaries of sybperl compiled on RH 4.2 will work on your system.
> > For this time you can try use binaries of sybperl-2.07 from contrib on
> > RedHat site.
> >
> > --
> >         Vaclav OVSIK                    email: ovsik@skoda.cz
> >         Skoda Informatika               phone: +420 19 7721366
>

> --
> Hugh Caley, System Administrator
> Babcock & Brown, Inc., San Francisco
> 1+512+1515x694 | hughc@babcockbrown.com

Kris Briscoe ( unixboy@aol.com )
Senior Unix Systems Analyst
Motorola Satcom
1.888.612.8136

	THE ESSENCE OF SURVIVAL

"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must run faster than the fastest
lion or it will be killed...Every morning a
Lion wakes up.  It knows it must outrun the
slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle...

When the sun comes up, you'd better be running! "