From: rhall at corpny dot fbc dot com (Roger Hall)
Subject: Re: Sybperl build on NT4.0 with BCC
Date: Jan 28 1998 7:50PM

> Roger Hall wrote:
> >
> > Are the binaries available for a build of Sybperl 2.09 that runs under
> > NT 4.0 anywhere ?
> >
> > If not, can anyone tell me why the CTlib makefile.pl tries to look in
> > $SYBASE\blib for the open client libraries when a Borland compile is
> > used?. I copied my $SYBASE\lib to $SYBASE\blib and that made it compile
> > and link, but I still can't seem to get it to work.
>
> I was told by the person doing the port to NT that the borland libs
> for Sybase are located in the $SYBASE/blib directory, rather than
> the $SYBASE/lib directory.
>
> If this is not the case could you let me know what the directory
> structure is, and what errors you get when you build?

Thanx for the reply. The blib is correct, you just have to generate it.
If you're open client is in c:\sybase, then you probably have a
c:\sybase\lib directory, but no c:\sybase\blib directory. I assume
that the lib dir is for Visual C++ or something. Anyway, you have
to generate the blib directory you're self from the dll's using
the Borland 'IMPLIB'.

i.e.

cd c:\sybase
mkdir blib
cd blib
implib libcs.lib ..\dll\libcs.dll

(repeat the implib for all of the dll's)

Hope this helps.

Roger.