From: Hugh Caley <hughc at lombard dot babcockbrown dot com>
Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
Date: Jan 27 1998 11:18PM

Your test line did core dump, so I tried a gdb using the same syntax; it
always stopped with an error on line 1 of perl, unknown character \177 or
something similar.

Just for the heck of it, I uninstalled and then reinstalled Perl, and then
started from scratch (perl Makfile.PL, make, make test).  I got the same
error with make test, but now, attempting your example line gives me:

perl -Mblib -MSybase::CTlib -e '$dbh = new Sybase::CTlib user, password,
server'
Using /usr/src/sybperl-2.09/blib
Can't find loadable object for module Sybase::CTlib in @INC
(/usr/src/sybperl-2.09/blib/arch /usr/src/sybperl-2.09/blib/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00401 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at -e line 0
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Do I need to do a make install before trying this?

Hugh