From: Vaclav Ovsik <ovsik at skoda dot cz>
Subject: Re: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
Date: Jan 28 1998 10:43AM

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Hugh Caley wrote:

> I am attempted to build and run Sybperl on RedHat Linux 5.0 i386.
> I have the CTlib libraries from Mr. Peppler's page, an interfaces file
> from my local Sybase server.  The sybase directory is at /usr/sybase,
> and I have the env varibles $SYBASE=/usr/sybase and $DSQUERY=SFO (SFO is
RH 5.0 has new glibc. Ctlib was compiled on system with libc 5.
If you compile anything with sybase libs against glibc, it dumps core.
You must compile sybperl on older system (RH 4.2) with libc 5.
May be if you install libc-5.3.12-25 on your RH 5.0 (in distrib.),
binaries of sybperl compiled on RH 4.2 will work on your system.
For this time you can try use binaries of sybperl-2.07 from contrib on
RedHat site.

--
	Vaclav OVSIK			email: ovsik@skoda.cz
	Skoda Informatika		phone: +420 19 7721366