From: Hugh Caley <hughc at babcockbrown dot com>
Subject: Problems with Sybperl and Linux
Date: Jan 27 1998 7:53AM

I am attempted to build and run Sybperl on RedHat Linux 5.0 i386.
I have the CTlib libraries from Mr. Peppler's page, an interfaces file
from my local Sybase server.  The sybase directory is at /usr/sybase,
and I have the env varibles $SYBASE=/usr/sybase and $DSQUERY=SFO (SFO is

the correct server name).

I don't see any errors during perl Makefile.PL or make, but when I run
make test I get:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 ./../perl -I.././blib/arch -I.././blib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00401 -I/usr/lib/perl5 -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t

t/ctlib.............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139)
        test program seems to have generated a core
t/cursor............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139)
Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at
/usr/lib/perl5/Test/Harness.pm line 219.
make[1]: *** [test_static] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/sybperl-2.09/CTlib'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Anyone know what error 139 is?  It doesn't seem to make any difference
what I have in the interfaces file; CONFIG is set to build only the
static CTlib, etc., per the documentation.  I have followed the
instructions for building the Linux version that were publised at Mr.
Peppler's site; however, I don't seem to have the problem he mentions
with the mis-named library (libtcl versus lsybtcl) so I never have to
change it.

I appreciate any help I can get!

--
Hugh Caley, System Administrator