From: "Frederick Yawe" <fred dot yawe at worldnet dot att dot net>
Subject: Memory read errors while using BCP
Date: Jan 24 1998 3:05PM

Cousins,  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a script that I wrote using Sybperl 2.09 (Windows NT) that gives me
a SEGV error in
debug or a windows NT pop up screen "memory at location .... could not be
read"
immediately after BCPing the second table (my main loop and a partial debug
output is
attached).

What is bothering me is that it fails after the second or third table but
works OK for the
first 2 tables. It can not be an insufficient memory issue because I have
lots of memory on this
machine and I have tried to limit the # of rows returned to 10 (using set
rowcount 10)
but I still get the same problem.

I have tried to run the same script on a different machine (with same
sybperl software) and
I still get the same error.

I am not doing anything revolutionary, all I am doing is this
1. run a stored procedures on different servers (using ct_execute)
2. apply business rules to each row
3. Use BCP api to load data to a central sql server.

Thanks.

Fred Yawe,

Allied Systems Group.