Up Prev Next
From: Doug Fairclough <kensey at clearstation dot com>
Subject: Re: PUBLIC: tiff to gif
Date: Jan 23 1998 10:28PM
netpbm can do that, but in a sort of roundabout way :
tifftopnm.c convert TIFF file to portable anymap
ppmtogif.c convert portable pixmap to GIF
this functionality is built into one executable. heres some
stuff from the README if you want to check it out :
You'll find the latest release of Netpbm at the following sites:
* wuarchive.wustl.edu (18.104.22.168),
* ikaros.fysik4.kth.se (22.214.171.124), directory /pub/netpbm.
* ftp.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (126.96.36.199). This site also carries
binaries for the Amiga.
* peipa.essex.ac.uk (188.8.131.52), directory ipa/src/manip
* ftp.rahul.net (184.108.40.206), directory /pub/davidsen/source
* ftp.cs.ubc.ca, directory /ftp/archive/netpbm
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I am using CGI and Sybperl for my web application. I need to show the
> tiff files stored as blob on web ( perferably inline ). Does anybody
> know ( or even better have any code ) to convert tiff to gif/jpeg on
> the fly and render it on the web.
> Union Bank of Switzerland
> New York