From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: ct_sql always returns -205?
Date: Jan 22 1998 8:32PM

Craig Kickel wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>         I've noticed an oddity in SybPerl.  It seems that
> whenever I use ct_sql successfully, the return code (RC) is
> always set to -205.
>
>         I'm using sybperl-2.09 under Solaris 2.5.1.  The
> database is 11.0.2 with CTLib 10.0.2 being used for access.
> Perl is version 5.004.
>
>         I've attached a code sample below.  With my setup, it
> prints "-205" for both the ct_sql commands.  What I thought
> I might get is "0" for the first and "100" for the second.

ct_sql() returns the last return code that ct_results() returned
internally.

-205 corresponds to CS_END_RESULTS, meaning everything went well.

If there is a failure (as opposed to a query that returns 0 rows)
then it will $dbh->{RC} will be set to CS_FAIL.

Feel free to recommend (or implement) changes to this behaviour!