From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: dbreadtext.al in 2.09
Date: Jan 15 1998 6:28PM

Bill Persons wrote:

> We have developer whose code is failing to find dbreadtext.al  in the sybperl 2.09 enviroment we recently built.  We can see dbwritetext.al, and understand that dbreadtext.al was added in the 2.08 build.  Is dbreadtext.al a component of Sybperl 2.09? and if so, is there anything special about this component?

Rats.

He's using the Sybase::Sybperl module, right???

I... ahem ... forgot to add dbreadtext (and dbmoretext) to the
Sybase::Sybperl module.

Here's a patch - apply to Sybperl.pm, then rebuild.

*** /tmp/geta3631	Thu Jan 15 10:26:58 1998
--- Sybperl.pm	Thu Jan 15 10:24:30 1998
***************
*** 92,98 ****
  	     dbmny4cmp dbmny4sub dbmny4mul dbmny4minus dbmny4divide
  	     dbmny4add sql
  	     dbrpcinit dbrpcparam dbrpcsend
! 	     dbwritetext);

  # Internal routine to check that a parameter passed as $dbproc to one
--- 92,98 ----
  	     dbmny4cmp dbmny4sub dbmny4mul dbmny4minus dbmny4divide
  	     dbmny4add sql
  	     dbrpcinit dbrpcparam dbrpcsend
! 	     dbwritetext dbreadtext dbmoretext dbpreptext);

  # Internal routine to check that a parameter passed as $dbproc to one
***************
*** 220,225 ****
--- 220,239 ----
      $ret;
  }

+ sub dbsqlok
+ {
+     my($dbproc) = @_;
+     my($ret);
+
+     if(!defined($dbproc) || !$dbproc || !&isadb($dbproc))
+     {
+ 	croak("It doesn't make sense to call dbsqlok with an undefined
\$dbproc") if(!defined($default_db));
+ 	$dbproc = $default_db;
+     }
+     $ret = $dbproc->dbsqlok;