From: sandesh tattitali <stattitali at paragon-mcs dot com>
Subject: Sybase lib file not found
Date: Jan 13 1998 2:56PM

Hi all,
  I have this totally wierd problem that totally beats me.
I have 2 machines , both running Solaris 2.5.1.
Perl and Sybperl were compiled on a third m/c that also runs 2.5.1.
The Perl installation on the 2 m/c is the same.
However on removing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable from the user
a/c on one machine, I get the following error
Can't load
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.
so' for module Sybase::CTlib: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal:
libct.so:
can't open file: errno=2 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm
 line 170.

 at member.cgi line 8
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at member.cgi line 8.
whereas on the other machine I do not get this problem.
However when the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set, the script runs fine on
both machines.

Another wierd thing is that even though I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
BEGIN clause, I still get this error on the problematic machine.

I was able to get the script running by creating a soft link between
/sybase1102 and the actual SYBASE installation. This I believe worked
because the machine on which Perl and Sybperl were compiled had
/sybase1102 as its SYBASE installation.

Anybody experienced something similar/got any explanations ??

I might add that the machine architectures are slightly different in the

sense that the errant machine is an Ultra whereas the 'good' machine
is a Sparc 20.

TIA
Sandesh