From: Randy Moore <ramoore at atlantech dot net>
Subject: Trying to build 2.09 on WinNT, built ok but failed tests
Date: Jan 8 1998 5:18AM

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the list and to SybPerl, and am trying to build vers 2.09 on
WinNT 4.0 (SP3) on an Intel machine.

I'm using MS VC++ 5.0.
I successfully installed Perl from 'perl5.00402-bindist04-bc.tar' and it
works fine.
I have Open Client installed.
I edited CONFIG.
I ran 'perl Makefile.PL' and that seemed to work (a lot of warnings about
libraries though).
I ran 'nmake' and it seemed to complete without errors.

So far, so good.

I edited PWD and put in my sa password and server name. And I verified that
these work from this machine using SQL Advantage.

Then, I tried 'nmake test'.   And here, it failed.

The begining of the output looks like this:

        C:\perl\bin\perl -Mblib -Ic:\perl\lib -Ic:\perl\lib -e "use
Test::Harnes
s qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;" t\bcp.t
Using C:/sybperl-2.09/BCP/../blib
t\bcp...............Use of uninitialized value at
C:/sybperl-2.09/BCP/../blib/li
b/Sybase/BCP.pm line 511,  chunk 1.
Sybase error: Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value into Server column 1, which
does
 not accept NULL values.

Use of uninitialized value at C:/sybperl-2.09/BCP/../blib/lib/Sybase/BCP.pm
line
 512,  chunk 1.

In the end, it says that 5 of 9 subtests failed.

My question is, should this test have worked??

If so, I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give for getting this install
right.

Thanks for any info or advice.

BTW, I just signed up on the list and didn't get a confirmation back, so
please CC me on any response.

- Randy Moore
Atlantech Online, Inc.
http://www.atlantech.net/