From: Ronald Page <Ron dot Page at asu dot edu>
Subject: stored procedures
Date: Jan 6 1998 10:33PM

Is it possible to execute a stored procedure using "ct_sql"?  Or perhaps
I should ask, what is the correct way to execute stored procedures using
ctlib?

For example, using embedded SQL and C, the following works:

        EXEC SQL EXEC :rc = insert_identity :electronic_identity_key
output,
                                         1.0, :account_name, "sparky",
:now;

What I don't see is how one would specify the return and output
variables in Perl/SybPerl.  I've tried various combinations including

   $ref = $db->ct_sql("exec \$rc=insert_identity
\$electronic_identity_key output, 1.0, \"sparky\", \"$now\"");

Any pointers?  Thanks in advance.

--
Ronald Page
Information Technology