From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: Re: Help new user with msg and err handlers Perl NT
Date: Dec 18 1997 3:25PM

Thomas R. Ridley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to both perl and sybperl and am working on NT. A deadly
> combination I'm sure.
>
> In an effort to save time an energy I grabbed the binary distribution from
> Michael Peppler's home page via the link
>

> I have no problems doing simple queries accessing results using both DBlib
> and CTlib.
> However I have had 0 success at processing errors or messages in both DBLib
> and CTlib using
> the examples from the eg\ directory as well as in the Man pages. It seems
> as though
> the handlers never get executed.

The 2.03 port of sybperl to NT does not support user defined
error/message handlers. I believe this is documented in the
packages readme (although that file may only be part of the
NT port's source).

If you have perl 5.004 or later you can build sybperl 2.08_52
on NT, which supports the same functionality as the Unix version.