From: Joseph C King <jking at chablis dot cos dot com>
Subject: SUMMARY:Sybperl 2.08 in DU 4.0b
Date: Dec 16 1997 7:38PM

This is what I had to do to get sybperl 2.08 working with Open Client
10.0.4, perl 5.004_04, DU 4.0b with current jumbo patch

1) Rebuild perl with out -ldb support.
   To do this we just ran config again and didn't include -ldb when it
   asked for libraries and didn't choose DB_FILE to be used also

2) Here is a copy of our CONFIG file
	DBLIBVS=1000
	CTLIBVS=100
	SYBASE=/sybase
	EXTRA_LIBS= -linsck -ldnet_stub -lsdna
	LINKTYPE=

3) We rebuilt the open client libraries in $SYBASE/libs using

   cc -o lib$1.so -shared -expect_unresolved "*" -all lib$1.a

4) perl Makefile.PL

5) Edited the DBLib/Makefile and removed set the *LIBS lines to
	EXTRALIBS = -L/sybase/lib -lsybdb -ldnet_stub -lm
	LDLOADLIBS = -L/sybase/lib -lsybdb -ldnet_stub -lm

6) Set the SYBASE and LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment var correctly

7) make

8) make test

9) make install

I don't know if we needed to do all of this but this is what finally made
everything work.
--
Joseph C. King              |