From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: Re: Dead connections
Date: Dec 15 1997 6:31PM

Todd E. Scheresky wrote:

> Michael Peppler wrote:
>

> > Do you get any other message from the client callback?
>
> The following message was passed back to the C program: execute:
> sel_TCPIP_address_by_alias returned CS_FAIL during global destruction.

OK - this may be our clue. The 'global destruction' part means that
the entire interpreter is closed down, and that's probably something
that causes the Sybase extension to shutdown as well, and to not
get re-started correctly.

I've never written a C program with imbedded perl, so I don't know
exactly what the problem is, but if I were you I'd try to narrow
the problem to a minimal program and try to debug that (not easy when
you have dynamically loaded modules, I know!)