From: Tim Green at LDC1 <Tim_Green_at_LDC1 at mercer dot com>
Subject: Re: Kill Zombies
Date: Dec 10 1997 2:41PM

     It depends on what platform your server is on.  On unix platforms this
     is normally handled by the TCP/IP Keep Alive parameter, which sets the
     frequency that the server should poll the client to see if it's still
     there.  When unix notices that a client is no longer connected, it
     notifies Sybase and Sybase disconnects the process.

     I would imagine that NT would have something similar.

     Good luck,

     Tim Green                                      Tim_Green@mercer.com
     Administrative Solutions Group
     "An ADP/Mercer Alliance"