From: phil_groce at cmcsmart dot com (Phil Groce)
Subject: character set issues, plus Sybperl and web.sql
Date: Dec 8 1997 9:09PM

Newbie, with a newbie question.  Sorry. :)

Setting up sybperl (on a Sparc w/ Solaris 2.5.1) goes swimmingly up to
"make test".  It says it passes the test fine, but gets the following a
number of times during the process:

Sybase message 2409, Severity 11, state 2
Line 1
	Cannot find the requested character set in Syscharsets:   name = 'iso_1'

I had a similar problem with Sybase's web.sql;  the DB server is an HP, and
is looking for roman8.  Changing the C and default entries in
$SYBASE/locales/locales.dat to say roman8 instead of iso_1 fixed that
problem, but not this one.  I even replaced every instance of "iso_1" with
"roman8" in the locales.dat file, and still got this.  What am I missing?

Incidentally, if anyone knows of any issues related to web.sql and Sybperl
living in harmony on one machine, I'd love to hear about them.

Phil Groce
CMC, Inc. -- Memphis TN
phil_groce@cmcsmart.com