PEPPLER.ORG
Michael Peppler
Sybase Consulting
Menu
Home
Sybase on Linux
Install Guide for Sybase on Linux
General Sybase Resources
General Perl Resources
Freeware
Sybperl
Sybase::Simple
DBD::Sybase
BCP Tool
Bug Tracker
Mailing List Archive
Downloads Directory
FAQs
Sybase on Linux FAQ
Sybperl FAQ
Personal
Michael Peppler's resume

sybperl-l Archive

Up    Prev    Next    

From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: RE: Still can't build sybperl on Digital Unix
Date: Dec 8 1997 5:09PM

$ perl5 -V
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=dec_osf, osvers=3.2, archname=alpha-dec_osf
    uname='osf1 dec050.beehive.com v3.2 148 alpha '
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
    bincompat3=n useperlio= d_sfio=
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', optimize='-O2 -Olimit 3200', gccversion=
    cppflags='-std -D_INTRINSICS -I/usr/local/include -D__LANGUAGE_C__'
    ccflags ='-std -D_INTRINSICS -I/usr/local/include -D__LANGUAGE_C__'
    stdchar='unsigned char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
    voidflags=15, castflags=0, d_casti32=define, d_castneg=define
    intsize=4, alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, randbits=15
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='ld', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/shlib /lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
    libs=-ldbm -lm
    libc=/usr/shlib/libc.so, so=so
    useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-shared -expect_unresolved "*" -O3 -s
-L/usr/loca
l/lib'


Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):
  Built under dec_osf
  Compiled at Sep 23 1997 16:22:05
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00401
    /usr/local/lib/perl5
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
    .
$

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set (hmmm...what's it supposed to be?)

And while we do have the libtcl* files in /usr/local/lib, I renamed them
after it failed the first time.  Same results...

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein 
WechslerSM@bernstein.com 

Support the Anti-SPAM amendment: http://www.cauce.org

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Michael Peppler [SMTP:mpeppler@mbay.net]
>Sent:	Friday, December 05, 1997 4:57 PM
>To:	Wechsler, Steven M
>Subject:	Re: Still can't build sybperl on Digital Unix
>
>Wechsler, Steven M wrote:
>> 
>> Failed again.  I think this is the same error we got last time.
>
>#&^%$@!!!!
>
>Could you send me the output of perl -V (that's upper case V)?
>
>Also do you have libtcl from tcl/tk installed somewhere?
>
>What does your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable look like?
>
>Michael
>
>> 
>> Regards,
>> 
>> Steve
>> 
>> $ make test
>> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl5 -I.././blib/arch -I.././blib/lib
>> -I/usr/l
>> ocal/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00401 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 -e 'use
>> Test::Harnes
>> s qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
>> t/bcp...............ok
>> All tests successful.
>> Files=1,  Tests=9,  2 secs ( 0.52 cusr  0.10 csys =  0.62 cpu)
>> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl5 -I.././blib/arch -I.././blib/lib
>> -I/usr/l
>> ocal/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00401 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 -e 'use
>> Test::Harnes
>> s qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
>> t/ctlib.............Can't load
>> '.././blib/arch/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so' for m
>> odule Sybase::CTlib: dlopen: cannot load
>> .././blib/arch/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.
>> so at /usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00401/DynaLoader.pm line 155.
>> 
>>  at t/ctlib.t line 8
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/ctlib.t line 8.
>> dubious
>>         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512)
>> DIED. FAILED tests 1-30
>>         Failed 30/30 tests, 0.00% okay
>> t/cursor............Can't load
>> '.././blib/arch/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so' for m
>> odule Sybase::CTlib: dlopen: cannot load
>> .././blib/arch/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.
>> so at /usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00401/DynaLoader.pm line 155.
>> 
>>  at t/cursor.t line 12
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/cursor.t line 12.
>> dubious
>>         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512)
>> DIED. FAILED tests 1-22
>>         Failed 22/22 tests, 0.00% okay
>> Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ------
>> t/ctlib.t         2   512    30   30 100.00%  1-30
>> t/cursor.t        2   512    22   22 100.00%  1-22
>> Failed 2/2 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 52/52 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
>> *** Exit 2
>> Stop.
>> *** Exit 1
>> Stop.
>> $
>> --
>> Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein
>> WechslerSM@bernstein.com
>> 
>> Support the Anti-SPAM amendment: http://www.cauce.org
>> 
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >From:  Michael Peppler [SMTP:mpeppler@mbay.net]
>> >Sent:  Friday, December 05, 1997 4:16 PM
>> >To:    Wechsler, Steven M
>> >Subject:       Re: Still can't build sybperl on Digital Unix
>> >
>> >Wechsler, Steven M wrote:
>> >>
>> >> $ perl5 -e 'print "$^O\n"'
>> >> dec_osf
>> >>
>> >> However, it occurs to me to wonder if some of the makefiles are getting
>> >> confused, perhaps.  On our system, 'perl' points to perl v.4, while
>> >> 'perl5' points to perl v.5.  When I built the makefiles, I ran "perl5
>> >> Makefile.pl".  Would that have alleviated that potential problem?
>> >
>> >Dunno - but I don't think so.
>> >
>> >Plonk the attached Makefile.PL into [sybperl src]/DBlib/Makefile.PL,
>> >and then rebuild from scratch:
>> >
>> >make clean
>> >perl5 Makefile.PL
>> >make
>> >make test
>> >
>> >I've changed the Makefile.PL to remove -lsdna for dec_osf for
>> >DBlib. Let's see how that works.
>> >
>> >Michael
>> >--
>> >Michael Peppler       -||-  Data Migrations Inc.
>> >mpeppler@datamig.com  -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
>> > << File: Makefile.PL >>
>
>-- 
>Michael Peppler       -||-  Data Migrations Inc.
>mpeppler@datamig.com  -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler