From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: ANNOUNCE - Sybperl 2.08_52
Date: Nov 28 1997 11:19PM

Sybperl 2.08_52 has just been uploaded to my web page. You can
get it from
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/Sybperl/sybperl-2.08_52.tar.gz.

This is the third (and hopefully last) test release en route to 2.09.
All the bugs that I know about and that I am able to test on my
Solaris 2.x machine have been fixed, and I have incorporated a
couple of enhancements that have been on my todo list for a while.

If you have the time I would appreciate it if you could build and
test this version, and report both problems and successes to me
(mpeppler@mbay.net) so that I can release 2.09 soon.

Enhancements:

   It is now possible to specify certain connection properties when
   opening a Sybase::CTlib connection. This is done by using the fifth
   parameter to ct_connect() (or new()), like so:

	  $dbh = new Sybase::CTlib $user, $pwd, $server, $appname,
	       { CON_PROPS => { CS_PACKETSIZE => 1024}};

   This would attempt to negotiate a packet size of 1024 bytes when
   establishing the connection.

   Supported connection properties are:
	CS_HOSTNAME
	CS_ANSI_BINDS
	CS_CHARSETCNV
	CS_PACKETSIZE
	CS_SEC_APPDEFINED
	CS_SEC_CHALLENGE
	CS_SEC_ENCRYPTION
	CS_SEC_NEGOTIATE

   Date formats on output can now be defined via cs_dt_info(). Usage
   is similar to the C version of the same function, although sybperl
   makes do with fewer parameters.

   Sybase::DBlib now understands dbsetdefcharset() and dbsetdeflang().

Enjoy!