From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: where is ct_connect timeout set?
Date: Nov 26 1997 7:40PM

John Howland wrote:

> Ladies nad Gentlemen:
>
> Please be kind enough to point me toward the documentation
> or FAQ that describes an
>         "internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out"
>
> I get this error on my very first ct_connect in the morning.
>
> When I re-run my little test program immediately after the failure,
> the program works.
>
> Points I need help on are
>         1. Can I reset the timeout value, and if so, how
>
>         2. How can I reliably detect this condition and what
>            suggestions do you have for a re-try strategy

I found the answer in about five minutes searching sybooks for
'timeout'... (if you don't have sybooks installed you can go to
http://sybooks.sybase.com).

The default login timeout is 60 seconds. It can be changed with a
call to ct_config().

In Sybperl this would be

ct_config(CS_SET, CS_LOGIN_TIMEOUT, 120, CS_INT_TYPE);

to set the timeout to 2 minutes.
You can also set the timeout to be infinite:

ct_config(CS_SET, CS_LOGIN_TIMEOUT, CS_NO_LIMIT, CS_INT_TYPE);

I have not tried it here as I don't have any response problems,
but it should work.