From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: installing 2.08 on Solaris 2.5.1
Date: Nov 26 1997 4:06PM

William Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I have tried to install the sybperl-2.08 on a Solaris 2.5.1 ES4000  host but
> not successful,  the make test part did not went well, can someone tell me what
> goes wrong ?

I need to write a new entry in the FAQ...

Your "problem" is that you are still using perl 5.003, and the
AutoLoader module changed between 5.003 and 5.004. I had
to make some changes to the Sybase::Sybperl.pm module to
compensate, which breaks that module under 5.003 or 5.002.

You can fix this by editing Sybase/Sybperl.pm and moving the
__END__ tag to the very end of the file, and then
re-running 'make test'.