From: Bill Corley <Bill dot Corley at nsc dot com>
Subject: Re: Installing 2.08 on Solaris
Date: Nov 26 1997 12:22AM

Michael,

Michael Peppler wrote:

> Another user had problems with sybperl in combination with netscape
> suitespot 3.0 and OpenClient 11.1 because netscape wants the
> threaded version of libtli.so (this is done in the
> $SYBASE/config/libtcl.cfg file) which breaks sybperl (as well as
> Sybase's isql!).

   I will give this a try since we are using Netscape suitespot 3.0 and installed
the OpenClient 11.1 just for that purpose.

> The solution there was to create a second install tree with an
> alternate configuration that does not use the threaded tli driver.
>
> Try running this in the sybperl source directory:
>
> perl -I./blib/lib -I./blib/arch CTlib/t/ctlib.t
>
> and report the results you get.

The results of this do not seem to be what I would have expected that you wanted.
But here it is:

perl -I./blib/lib -I./blib/arch CTlib/t/ctlib.t

1..30
Can't locate Sybase/CTlib.pm in @INC at CTlib/t/ctlib.t line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at CTlib/t/ctlib.t line 8.
not ok 1

I would be glad to try anything else you suggest.

Cheers,
Bill Corley