From: Bill Corley <Bill dot Corley at nsc dot com>
Subject: Re: Installing 2.08 on Solaris
Date: Nov 25 1997 5:13PM

Michael,

    Thanks for your response. I had looked at each of these items since they
were very specific in your README file.

    I had found a libtcl.a in the /usr/local/lib directory, but renamed it to
get it out of the way. I also checked the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and found that it
did not mention /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib . And I did add $SYBASE/lib to the
existing LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  And the -ltli was set in the EXTRA_LIBs.

    I was a little confused by the error "Can't call method "ct_execute"
without a package or object reference at t/ctlib.t line 49". That seems like
a fairly fundamental problem but have not been able to track it down.

    I did find your DBD packages after looking at the sybperl and tried
installing that. And I also have problems with running make test on that
source as well. I have a feeling that there is a common problem between the
two. Maybe with the OpenClient.(?) But we are using the OpenClient in
Netscape LiveWire and have been able to open and read Sybase DBs OK.

    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill Corley