From: "Daniele Russo" <drusso at icon dot com>
Subject: Info on return values
Date: Nov 24 1997 6:08PM

Hi,

I am new to Sybperl and I'm looking for some information on the return
values of the DBlib functions. I already wrote some code using DBlib which
works, but I'd like to make it more reliable by checking the return values
of each function, trying to recover if anything fails. For example, what
happens if the connection with the database is lost and 'dbsqlexec' is
executed? I know there should be return values such as SUCCEED and FAIL,
but the Sybperl man page and examples don't explain how to handle the
return values.

Please help!

Thanks,
- Daniele

----
Daniele Russo
Senior Software Engineer, Professional Services
ICon CMT Corp.