From: Doug Robson <doug at cia dot com dot au>
Subject: Re: SybPerl v2.08 and Open Client version 11
Date: Nov 23 1997 10:50PM

W. Phillip Moore wrote:

> I've been off the list for a while, just rejoined today, so I'm sorry
> if this has been beaten to death in recent discussions...
>
> Will the sybperl-2.08 release link with Open Client 11.x, and more
> importantly, work?
>
> The reason I ask may be of interest to users of SGI's hardware.  We
> are very interested in building a version of perl5 compiled 'cc -n32'
> which will offer *very* significant performance improvements for the
> core perl5 product.  However, one must also compile all extension
> libraries with the same -n32 option, and this require having -n32
> versions of the Sybase OC libraries.
>
> Guess which version of Open Client Sybase made -n32 available for?
> Version 11.
>
> So, is this possible?  Anyone tried and made it work?
>
> W. Phillip Moore                                        Phone: (212)-762-2433
> Information Technology Department                         FAX: (212)-762-1009
> Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Co.                E-mail: wpm@ms.com
> 750 7th Ave, NY, NY 10019
we are using it at my office 11 server, and sybperl seems fine although
we are only using it in lightweight form

regards

mailto:Doug.Robson@chase.com
--
                      When I die
   I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather

Mail me at mailto:doug@cia.com.au <----------------
- - - - - - -> or visit http://www.cia.com.au/doug
or maybe take yourself to http://www.clubcars.org.au                  |